Happy Monday McKinley!!!
How’s everyone doing with the back-to-school rush? Whether you have kids in school or not, we’re all looking for ways to save time, especially when it comes to weekly meals. Here are some ideas that will help with meal-planning, grocery shopping and even workouts!
Try a Meal Planning App on Your Phone: The one I’ve been using is called PrePear. Here’s what I love about it:
· You can select recipes to create your own meal plan and your grocery list will auto-populate once you add the recipes to your cart
· You’ll get to view your macronutrient (carbohydrates, protein and fat) percentages for the day
· You can add the items in your pantry and it will come up with a recipe for you
· If you pay for the “Gold” version for $99/year, there are specific meal plans with grocery lists already prepared for you to choose from
Try a Grocery Shopping or Grocery Delivery Service:
· Kroger offers Pickup (formerly known as ClickList)
· Publix offers Instacart
· Shipt is available in some locations
Try a “Heat and Eat” Meal Delivery Service: Most meals cost between $9-$12
Try a Meal Kit Delivery Service: They grocery shop and meal plan for you, you do the cooking.
Try a 24 Minute Workout:
· Workouts don’t need to be an hour long, not even 30min long to be effective. What if you could get a GOOD workout in 24min, would you do it? Over the last couple of months I’ve been teaching 24min classes using the AMRAP format (As Many Rounds As Possible in 24min) and people have been LOVING it!!! Below you’ll find 2 samples of the workouts we’ve done. Give it a try!
- 10 back lunge with shoulder press
- 20 pop squats
- 10 tricep push-ups
- :30 plank
- 10 sit-ups or crunches
- 10 squat and bicep curl
- 20 kettle bell swings
- 10 plank to push-up
- 10 toe touch crunches
Yours in health and wellness,