Have you ever “fallen off the wellness wagon” and had great intentions about getting back “on” but simply didn’t want to…so you didn’t? Do you ever feel overwhelmed by all the different diet and lifestyle plans that are available? Making a positive lifestyle/behavioral change that LASTS is a challenge for us all and if you’ve answered yes to either one of these, I think you’ll find this email series very helpful.
This series is going to be a guide to help you figure out if you’re ready to make a change and how to navigate your way through a magnitude of information to figure out the best lifestyle/diet plan for YOU! We’re all incredibly unique in the way our bodies respond to food and the way our minds react to the obstacles that try to roll us off the “wellness wagon”.
To help prepare you to make a behavioral change, there are a few questions I want to encourage you to ask yourself. Let’s get started!
1. What would you like to see change about your current lifestyle today? (below are a few examples)
• I want to sleep better at night
• I want to lower my cholesterol
• I want to start running
• I want to eat more vegetables
• I want to eat more healthy fats
• I want to learn how to cook healthier dinners
2. What excites you when you think about possibly making this change in your life?
3. If you started taking steps today towards making a change, what would your life look like in 3 months?
4. What motivator is important enough to you to help you make this change?
5. What is holding you back or standing in your way (obstacles) from making this change?
6. What are you ABLE to do to overcome these obstacles?
7. What are you WILLING to do to overcome these obstacles?
8. What would it take for you to be ready to make a change?
If lasting change is what you are seeking, take all the time you need to answer these questions sincerely and whole heartedly. Your answers will help you truly understand if you are ready and if you have a strong enough motivator.
Thankfully, people around you will encourage you to keep going, but you are the only one who can control the changes you want to make in your life. These choices are for you. Day after day you will be the one to choose to honor your body and the changes you want to make. Through the good, the bad and the ugly.
As always feel free to reach out to me or Stefanie for support. In the next email we will start talking about what your next step is .
Yours in Health and Wellness,
Corporate Wellness Director